How to charge my LFP battery?
1. NEVER charge LiFePO4 batteries with a charger not specifically compatible with LiFePO4 batteries!
2. When the cell is first used, it MUST be fully charged and discharged for activating it and giving fully capacity.
3. Always charge LiFePo4 batteries in an area with adequate ventilation.
4. No matter what charge mode the battery is in, stop charging once the cell temperature exceeds the absolute charge temperature range.
5. No matter what charge mode the battery is in, stop charging once the cell voltage exceeds the absolute charge voltage.
6. When the LiFePO4 batteries are intended to be stored for a prolonged period of time (more than one month), the SOC of cells should be adjusted to around 50% periodically(every three months is recommended).
How to store and maintain LiFePO4 batteries during winter?
1. Storing them in the proper temperature: Keep your lithium batteries in a place that does not get colder than 32 degrees Fahrenheit or warmer than 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Charging them regularly: Ideally, lithium batteries should never be completed uncharged, so it’s important to remember to charge your batteries in the winter months when they are most prone to quick loss of power.
3. Cleaning them: Corrosion and dirt can cause the battery to lose charge faster, which decreases its lifespan, so it’s important to keep your lithium batteries clean. You can use a mix of water and baking soda for a gentle cleaning.